In 1954, William Wendt, Jr. founded Orthopedic Service Company as a source of quality orthotic devices and in 1976, William Wendt, III continued his father’s legacy of service. Approaching 60 years of service, this second-generation company has grown into a supplier of quality durable medical equipment and orthotic devices. We provide the same high level of satisfaction and customer service our earliest patrons have come to expect. To this day, we are still visited by the first person who ever entered our store!
Aging in Place Specialists and Assistive Technology Professionals
Orthopedic Service Company associates have an average of 30 years of experience in the healthcare, home modification and home medical equipment industries. We have 14 qualified associates who include aging in place specialists and assistive technology professionals. Each associate receives at least 12 hours of continuing education each year so that they know the latest in medical technologies and practices, ultimately providing you with more knowledgeable care.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Licensed by Medicare and Medicaid
- We meet all of the Medicare Supplier Standards
- We are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care
- We are also members of
- the MED Group, allowing us to buy for less and pass the savings on to you
- the North Carolina Association for Medical Equipment Services (NCAMES)
- the VGM Group national network of homecare providers
- the Better Business Bureau of Eastern North Carolina
Contact us and ask about our in-home and workplace evaluations for accessibility, done by our Assistive Technology Professionals (ATP)!